MAUK Thanal | COVID RELIEF EFFORTS IN INDIA (update) 10 PROJECTS worth Rs20 Lakhs IN 10 DAYS!
MAUK, with its commendable response during the Kerala Floods, once again came to the forefront to help those who were indiscriminately affected by the second wave of Pandemic in Kerala.
During the crisis, motivated by the generous response of its members, MAUK extended its helping hand to many relief projects across Kerala and paved the way for other UK based community organisations to stand up for Kerala.
In the last 10 days, MAUK through its partners, organisations and volunteers in Kerala have facilitated:
1. Rs 8 lakhs worth of medical equipment in Pattampi, Palakkad.
2. Cooked meal and Food kits for a week to 300 people in care homes, low income families and destitute in Kottayam.
3. Food kits for 260 families in Thannemukku Panjayat in Allapuzha.
4. Food kits PPE and medical supplies to 250 residents in Chennilode village in Thiruvananthapuram.
5. Food kits and cooked food parcels to 300 residents in Thottakkad in Thiruvananthapuram.
6. Provisions to purchase second-hand ambulance in Kattapana in Idukki.
7. Provisions to purchase second-hand ambulance in Karavaram in Thiruvananthapuram.
8. Medical equipments at a palliative care centre in Koyilandi in Kozhikode.
9. Distribution of 10,000 N95 masks donated by Ford Motor Company to frontline police and KSRTC staff through our volunteers, residents in coastal areas through local churches in Thiruvananthapuram.
10. Mobile phones to aid with the education of 16 students from Below Poverty Line families in Sishuvihar Upper Primary School, Thiruvanathapurum.
We are counting on your continued support to help more people in need.